Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What are some good illustrative books about doing little African American girls hair?

Now that I have custody of my daughter all the time, it is not always convenient to pay or find someone to do my daughters hair. Therefore, I want to learn how to do it myself. Can anyone help a Father out? (smile)



I know what some of you might be thinking, why not get some lady to teach me? Good question, most people naturally tend to move at there own comfortable fast pace and others lack patience and others not so good teachers.



Although I have plenty of individuals both willing to do my daughters hair for a price and others for free, I still want to learn how to do it myself. (smile)



What are some good illustrative books about doing little African American girls hair?

Well thats nice of you you're a good dad.



http://www.longhaircareforum.com



Its a messageboard mostly made up of black women and they just discuss all types of hair issues. Many of them also discuss and give reviews about hair products and salons across the country. Membership is free but you have to pay an annual fee of $5 to post.



But if you're still hell bent on a book try this one from essense. .



essence beauty basics and beyond (for women of color)



http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/19...



Its a really good book that teaches you not only how to do hair but also how to "diagnose" her hair type so that you can use the right products for her hair.



if you want more just go to your local library. My library had tons of books about hair care for everyone and have a handful of books about black hair care including hair styling.



good luck to you

No comments:

Post a Comment