Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I am an African American woman and i want to grow out my natural hair long, what tips can you give m

I want a healthy regimen that involves washing, conditioning, and moisturizing. Also how to use all natural products like grapeseed oil, aloe vera gel, and glycerine on my hair.



Please, please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I am an African American woman and i want to grow out my natural hair long, what tips can you give me?

Go to



www.longhaircareforum.com



they have a whole forum dedicated to recipes using natural ingredients.



Make sure to avoid a bunch of heat. keep your hair moisturized, and your ends very protected. (I usually wear mine in cornrows or buns) if you wear braids make sure they aren't TOO TIGHT. other protective styles are 2 strand twist, bantu knots head wraps etc.



HTH



I am an African American woman and i want to grow out my natural hair long, what tips can you give me?

are you a jehovahs witness? (since your name is JW) cus i am! :) (sorry im not really answering your question.)



I am an African American woman and i want to grow out my natural hair long, what tips can you give me?

don't talk to don imus, and don't braid it..



I am an African American woman and i want to grow out my natural hair long, what tips can you give me?

Go to a hair stylest homepage anyone



will do or go to a hair salon and ask



it does not charge and it will say money



I am an African American woman and i want to grow out my natural hair long, what tips can you give me?

First of all, darling black peeps hair like us takes time to grow, so expect a miracle. So try DR. Miracles!!



I am an African American woman and i want to grow out my natural hair long, what tips can you give me?

our hair does grow! dont see it because we have tight curls anyway. go to nappturality.com. i am a member. easy to sign up. here you will get tons of tips and even ask questions.



I am an African American woman and i want to grow out my natural hair long, what tips can you give me?

Its not hard all u have to do is find a natural hair stylist in ur area and let them school u. They will have all u need in the store and can style and maintain it for u. Try to visit every 2 wks. If u dont have enough money-still get to stylist for tips and seasonal appointments but keep ur hair braided in the interim. Im in college, so i did the latter and it grew really fast and was so thick and beautiful.



I am an African American woman and i want to grow out my natural hair long, what tips can you give me?

Natural hair is difficult and be a strenuous process for African American woman but it takes time and patience to start with. I recommend starting by going to the salon and getting it trimmed ever six to eight weeks so that you get no split ends which can weaken the hair and aid in the prevention of growth. Along with regular trims, you'll need to use a good shampoo and conditioner line. I recommend Carol's Daughters which (Jada Pinkett Smith) uses, or Beauty 4 Ashes. ehow.com has a section on how to treat and grow African American hair. Also try growafrohairlong.com, and hairoil.com. Good luck.



I am an African American woman and i want to grow out my natural hair long, what tips can you give me?

Be sure too keep your moisturized and conditioned. Also Jojoba makes a very good moisturizing garlic conditioner.



I am an African American woman and i want to grow out my natural hair long, what tips can you give me?

Lavender oil has been shown to increase hair growth so massage the oil once a week and soak for 30 minutes before washing. Try http://solutionsforhairgrowth.blogspot.c... for more details.



I am an African American woman and i want to grow out my natural hair long, what tips can you give me?

Hi there,



One of the best things you can do for your natural hair is conditioner washes. This is where you only use conditioner to wash your hair. My favorite conditioner for this is Suave Coconut Naturals. You can shampoo your hair once a week but the rest of the time, just conditioner-wash.



Deep condition your hair at least once a month or every two weeks. Deep condition with heat under a hooded dryer. I'd recommend using a thicker, richer conditioner for this like Nexxus Humectress.



Get your hair trimmed every 2-3 months. You shouldn't get many split ends if you're using no-heat styles. However, naturally curly hair tends to form knots on the ends which also need trimming.



Use a creamy leave-in conditioner (i.e. Neutrogena Silk Touch) and a moisturizer to style your curls. Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter and Hair Milk are excellent products for natural hair.



As far as using grapeseed oil, aloe vera gel, glycerine - you can add small amounts of these products to your conditioner if you like. However, I just don't think it's necessary and just adds an additional cost to your hair product budget as well as additional time.



I hope you can determine a regimen from the information that I've given you and get your natural hair to your desired length!



Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment