Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm African American and Indian how do i make my hair grow faster?

Well I'm no expert but I can tell you a few things that I know ( you probably already know them too ). I do not know your hair is, I know a lot of girls and have family mixed with indian and they're hair grows fast.



I think water does the hair good, drinking water that is.



A great rule is to not do too many things to your hair. Styling could to a lot of damage. This is the number one thing I've learned. Notice that a lot of black people with dreads have stunning hair growth compared to the ones who do too much with it. Our hair really isn't meant to go through presses and all the chemicals. Our hair grows better if it's left alone. I remember when my hair broke off really BAD and my beautician told me not to do anything to it ( I love to style my hair ). I didn't, i wore ponytails or wore it down. My hair was back to it's length in a year.



If you have to press (flat iron/straighten) your hair, do it every two weeks. Do not do it everyday or every week. Heat is not good for it.



AVOID GEL, as an african american, i see too many girls using gel, if you use it. Stop.



Carrot Oil and Olive oil is also needed. Oil your scalp everyday or every two days.



When you go take a nap, put something silk over your hair, or under the part you are sleeping on. The reason for this is because when you move, something like cotton etc. can pull the hair along with the movement which causes your hair to break.



MASSAGE YOUR SCALP, do this when putting the oil in it.



Braids help also, I would recommend french braids ( cornrows ). Don't get em back to back.



Also, I know a lot of girls who put water in their hair to slick it down or to tame it ( and most of the time it just gets nappy ). Don't do that alot, AA hair really isn't meant to handle water all the time. It needs to produce oils. And if you do use water like that, use some Leave in conditoner ( motions or african pride ). Well that's all I can think of :)



I'm African American and Indian how do i make my hair grow faster?

I actually don't know any African American friends (girls) who doesn't wear lace front wig....



I'm African American and Indian how do i make my hair grow faster?

Get it braided.



I'm African American and Indian how do i make my hair grow faster?

Getting it braided might work, depending on which type of hair you have more. And summer if coming up, which means your hair will grow faster :]



I'm African American and Indian how do i make my hair grow faster?

vitamins??



I'm African American and Indian how do i make my hair grow faster?

I don't know about growing FASTER, but as far as it growing MORE, the key is GOOD CONDITIONING. Protein treatments, cholesterol deep conditioners, etc. Also, make sure you don't use a lot of grease on your hair. It clogs the pores and weighs the hair down. Personally, I only use jojoba oil for my scalp; cream and a hair polisher for my hair shaft and ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment